ianacare provides a support and navigation platform for family caregivers. Our mission is to encourage, empower, and equip family caregivers so they can fulfill one of the greatest purposes in life. We advocate for big picture changes while creating tangible support and tools today. Our hope is to shape generations to love and care for one another with humanity and dignity, especially during life’s most vulnerable moments. And we won’t stop until the 43.5 million family caregivers are embraced with the love and support they deserve. For more information, check out our story and product testimonial.
ianacare is seeking a Principal Product Designer to work on the next generation of our support and navigation platform for family caregivers. In this role, you will lead both the UX and visual design of our experiences. A passion for designing empathetic experiences and driving results through design is a must! With your focus on the product design, your job will be to drive user engagement in partnership with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other team members. You’ll collaborate with founders and stakeholders across multiple organizations to identify, ideate on and propose new approaches to our native app and web user experience.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Wants to be hands-on with design and design strategy
- Has deep expertise in designing empathetic and engaging consumer experiences
- Constantly looks for ways to improve the way our products look AND work
- Loves to collaborate closely with colleagues in product management and engineering
- Is organized, driven and excited about designing the news products of the future
- Can clearly and passionately articulate the thinking behind a design
- Enjoys gathering user and project requirements to create conceptual wireframes, prototypes, and final designs for user-facing and business facing products
- Is passionate about identifying and solving problems that will have a positive impact for our users and our business based on research and user insights
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, or related field, with 8-10+ years of professional experience in mobile and web application design.
- A deep understanding of the pillars of design systems, including principles, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and design system contributor.
- Deep knowledge of the UX process and research techniques including competitive analysis, user interviews, usability testing, persona creation and journey mapping
- A portfolio that shows a strong body of work including outstanding visual and user interface designs
- Extensive experience designing interactive native mobile (iOS, Android) and web applications from ground up, preferably in scaled consumer applications
- An established track record of producing business results through design
- A collaborative spirit and a proven ability to work well with others, building strong partnerships across teams
- Comfort with design and prototyping software like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, and other prototyping tools
- Strong presentation and writing skills