Director of Engineering
ianacare is a next-generation support and navigation platform for family caregivers. Unsupported caregiving is a vast and growing issue with heavy costs to individuals and institutions. Over 90% of care happens in the home, outside of the hospital, and yet virtually all family caregivers (43.5 million and rapidly increasing in the US alone) are unsupported, untrained, and unpaid. Gaps in caregiver support profoundly decrease healthcare quality and contribute to large avoidable costs for healthcare systems and employers.
ianacare is an integrated platform that organizes and mobilizes all the different layers of caregiving support and personalized guidance. Using deep tech and human-centered anthropological design, ianacare provides the resources, education, and team organization needed throughout the complex journey. We are leveraging the power of technology and community to establish a new type of care - “I Am Not Alone Care” - to address loneliness, systemic support, and social determinants of health that impact 80% of health outcomes.
For more information, check out our story, product testimonial, and our partnership with Anthem.
ianacare is seeking a Director of Engineering to work on the next generation of our support and navigation platform for family caregivers. In this role, you will be the first non-founder technical leader, and will lead a team of offshore and onshore software engineers to ensure quality delivery of the roadmap for the ianacare platform. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of our software development process, as well as ensuring our practices are compliant with our policies required for SOC-2 and other required certification. You will lead end-user technical support and be responsible for technical integration with our enterprise customers. This role will collaborate closely with founders, Product, and Marketing to deliver the end-to-end solution to market. A passion for building products that do good and users love is a must!
- Evolve strategy for a hybrid on-shore and off-shore development model based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Define and manage day-to-day software development process
- Oversee front-end (iOS, Android, web) and back-end development teams
- Ensure compliance with SOC-2 policies and other security regulations mandated by customers
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Lead end-user technical support and enterprise customer integration
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Hire necessary staffing and coordinate their training
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an early stage start-up (seed, Series A, and Series B)
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and web/iOS/Android app development
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent project management and oral and written communication skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
Location: Boston preferred
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Contact us at email@example.com.
ianacare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.