Principal Product Designer
ianacare is a next-generation support and navigation platform for family caregivers. Unsupported caregiving is a vast and growing issue with heavy costs to individuals and institutions. Over 90% of care happens in the home, outside of the hospital, and yet virtually all family caregivers (43.5 million and rapidly increasing in the US alone) are unsupported, untrained, and unpaid. Gaps in caregiver support profoundly decrease healthcare quality and contribute to large avoidable costs for healthcare systems and employers.
ianacare is an integrated platform that organizes and mobilizes all the different layers of caregiving support and personalized guidance. Using deep tech and human-centered anthropological design, ianacare provides the resources, education, and team organization needed throughout the complex journey. We are leveraging the power of technology and community to establish a new type of care - “I Am Not Alone Care” - to address loneliness, systemic support, and social determinants of health that impact 80% of health outcomes.
For more information, check out our story, product testimonial, and our partnership with Anthem.
ianacare is seeking a Principal Product Designer to work on the next generation of our support and navigation platform for family caregivers. In this role, you will lead both the UX and visual design of our product. A passion for designing empathetic experiences and driving results through design is a must! With your focus on the product design, your job will be to drive user engagement in partnership with Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other team members. You’ll collaborate with founders and stakeholders across multiple organizations to identify, ideate on and propose new approaches to our native app and web user experience.
- Has a passion for designing products that do good and impact caregivers
- Has deep expertise in designing empathetic and engaging consumer experiences
- Constantly looks for ways to improve the way our products look AND work
- Does not need to define our branding but can work with style guides from our brand design team
- Produces designs and interactions that are logically sound and covers all edge cases
- Produces clean, organized, and consistent design files
- Is diligent, organized, detailed oriented, and loves to do what it takes to make things easier for the engineering and product management team
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, UX Design, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, or related field, with 8-10+ years of professional experience in mobile and web application design.
- Deep knowledge of the UX process and research techniques including competitive analysis, user interviews, usability testing, persona creation and journey mapping
- A portfolio that shows a strong body of work including outstanding visual and user interface designs
- Extensive experience designing interactive native mobile (iOS, Android) and web applications from ground up, preferably in scaled consumer applications
- An established track record of producing business results through design
- A collaborative spirit and a proven ability to work well with others, building strong partnerships across teams
- Expert level of knowledge with design and prototyping software like Sketch, the Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, and other prototyping tools
- Strong presentation and writing skills
Location: Boston preferred
Interested? We'd love to hear from you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.